Skip to main content

How To Become a Millionaire, and be lazy at the same time.


The millionaire mind works in a different way. That's what all the wealth guru say. From the classic all time favorite "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and now T. Harv Eker has the best selling book, "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind".

All of them have one thing in common. You need to look at money as a result of hard work, not you work hard to make money. It's really the same thing, but you will be more willing to work hard because you know you will get money, rather than you feel you have to work because you need money.... usually to pay your mortgage for the house you live in and the car you drive... and later the ever rising cost of bringing up the children.

It is a shift in paradigm. Which is hard to do, if you keep wanting the things you can't afford. You can just drive a Kancil but you are to ashamed to be seen in one. Or, what if your boss wants to hitch a ride with you.... it's unbecoming for an executive to drive such a small (and cheap) car.

Then, you need an LCD TV. The the small (which once was thought to be huge) 21 inch bulky CRT TV is so nineties... even if the picture is so much clearer that the 42 inch LCD with the people in it all are stretched sideways.

Then the phone... come on... you can't be seen with this RM120 phone. You need a Blackberry, or an IPhone. It doesn't matter if the phone you are using now has so much function than making calls and sending text messages.

If you have this mindset, then you are normal. Broke... but normal.

To become a millionaire is to work your butt off, then spend the money you make. But, save some for rainy day and for your retirement.

So for the lazy bums of the world, for the first few years (maybe 5 years) of your working life, do not apply for a credit card. A credit card, once a status symbol of the "haves", is today the sign of the "have-nots". A credit card will give you the false sense of security that you can afford something beyond your means. So, if you have one, and it does not have any outstanding balances on it, cut it up. If you already have a few thousand on it, cut it up any way.

Use public transport. Cars in Malaysia are expensive. You can get the new BMW 528i for less than 40,000 pounds in the UK. Here, RM40,000 can't even get you a Kancil. Mind you the salary structure here and in England is similar. A fresh graduate (degree holder) in Malaysia may get RM1,800 a month. A fresh degree holder in the UK can get a 2,000 pounds salary. So, the purchasing power is the same, but our cars are so much more expensive.

Once you are promoted to executive level, maybe you can buy a motorbike. At manager level, make sure, a company car is part of the package.

One important thing you all must do, get an ASB loan from any bank. CIMB and Maybank offers the best rates. This a chance that must not be passed over by all Bumiputras in Malaysia. You will be forcing yourself to save and the interest you pay is way below the ASB dividends. In fact, after the first year of the loan, the loans is practically self paying.... (in a manner of speaking).

If you get a bonus. Just spend half of it. The other half put it in ASB.

And, for muslim, don't forget to bayar zakat.

These steps will not make you a millionaire. But, you will be FINANCIALLY FREE!! and this my friends is such a wonderful feeling.... Trust me.

To be a millionaire... well, you need to get out of employment. Go into business. Sell unit trust, or insurance, or Susu Awal Lembu.... but, you must be prepare to be rejected. Because, for every 10 people you approach, only three will listen (the rest won't even give you the time of day) and out of the three, only one will buy. So, you hit rate is about 10%. Which is why you need to see a lot of people. And, don't believe those people who try to rope you in and say that you are starting a business which Zero capital. Well, maybe they are right, but you need WORKING CAPITAL to move around and make calls. So, the best thing is to do these kind of things on part time basis.....

It all boils down to your priorities. Fortune favors the brave. If you are too scared (like me), then please lower your dreams. Just find a job and love it.... Don't complain so much and don't listen to people who complains a lot. Those people are like a dog which sat on a nail. It kept howling in pain but do not want to move it's butt.

One thing that T. Harv Eker said that I liked was, you must not let the problem be bigger than you... you are always bigger than the problem.... Never be a victim.

Well... that's all for now. I'll start reading the "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by Mr. Eker next week. Now, I'm just too lazy....

Hahahaha.....



Comments

  1. jiggz,who ask u to go & sell susu awal lembu daaa........SR rocks man!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter from my mother

Today, on the first day of Ramadhan in the 52nd year of my life, while I was rummaging through some old stuff, I came across a letter written to me by my mother, folded and enveloped into a prescription drug package. My mother taught herself to write in Rumi, so some words are quite difficult to figure out. She was probably more comfortable writing in Jawi, but she knew her son is useless at reading it. The letter was not dated, but I would say it was written circa 1985, the year that I dropped out of UTM. The letter was an angry letter, as angry as my dearest mother would be. I cannot remember the occasion that warranted such letter, but I think I must have said something that hurt her. She wrote that I should have told her or father (unlikely) or my brothers and sisters that I am having difficulties in my studies. She wrote that I have ostracized myself from my family, and she understood that I did this because I do not want to be any more a burden to my parents and my sibli

Humanity: from the lucid mind of a Covid19 infested person.

 Hello... It's me, again. I don't know how anybody is going to read this, because I have deactivated my Facebook account... my Instagram too. It's interesting to see people's reactions when I told them this. Mostly, it's a sharp intake of breath and a sympathetic "why".  I guess they assumed I was cyberbullied into deactivation. No... It was a mistake. I should never have even registered for any socmed (social media for those uninitiated). I hate it, people sharing their lives, what they eat and drink and where they were eating and drinking, how far they have walked or run or cycled, with whom they are doing things, who they met today or yesterday, where they are now in the world, what their cute babies or cats are doing, what plants they are planting, what fruits they have harvested... I don't really want to know about what you guys are doing with your lives unless I am responsible (partly) for bringing you into this horrible place. For that, my child

I love/hate MCO

The vaccines are here... spelling the beginning of the end of Covid19... or at least we hope so. But, it is really just hope upon hope. Because, as vaccines are being spread (by health workers) in most parts of the world, we still hear of lockdowns happening here and there. And the virus is mutating. New strains are being discovered, having higher infectivity. I guess Covid wants to live just like any other living creature. My employer has announced that beginning this month (April 2021) everybody must come to work in the office. No more working from home. Which is OK. I mean (in case my boss reads this blog) I love my job but dread going through the traffic jams in the morning and then again in the evening. I miss the easy smooth drive to and from work during the MCO when I had to come to the office to sign some physical documents, but even during the CMCO and RMCO, when we are allowed to move around a bit more, the traffic build-up at roadblocks gave me a glimpse of things to come wh